
There are many reasons to love josh. but one of the reasons I love Josh- is his way with words. The subtle, sarcastic kind. The way he will make fun of something, and yet at the same time totally mean it.
Sometime recently, we were gushing about Annie, like all proud parents do. The conversation went something like this...
J- I just love Annie.
B- She's just so cute
J- I love her so much
B- me, too
J- "so this is what love is" (subtle sarcastic remark, with actual meaning:)
B- (eyes rolling transitioning to laughter) no response necessary.
When you have a baby, people say all kinds of things like this. "So this is what love is"... I am not super sentimental in this way, so I usually inwardly mock such phrases- but Josh gets that, he also gets that deep down there is a well of warm, gushy feelings- so he says things like that, to make me laugh. but also because, he knows it's kind of true.
No comments :
Post a Comment