poem

Sunday, July 31, 2005














Poetry has a way of coming in and out of my life. Last June, Josh and I hiked around the Great Blasket Island in Ireland. It was a ghost island, once inhabited by the strongest kind of human. A beautiful and severe place. You can see it just beyond Josh's head in the picture.


I stood out on the limb of a ghost island
There was a path before me to keep
me steady(though I am a unleveled soul)

All blue and thick was the way around me
All blue, as I face due North(this island undoes me)

I walked this soil with the one I love
My knees split and the wind cut
my heart

And I wondered if the past was speaking to me
O Ireland, so tough skinned.
you melt me



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Wow, I did not know you wrote poetry. Very good. It is great to read through the blog and catch a glimps of life there in B. I miss y'all and found comfort in baked zity and at house pictures.

Love you guys,

LJ

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground